Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Bonjour Sweet Love Patisserie Anime Review

Bonjour Sweet Love Patisserie Score: 9.0




INTRODUCTION & SYNOPSIS


Bonjour Sweet Love Patisserie or Bonjour Koiaji Patisserie, is a 24 episode series with episodes consisting of just 5 minutes in length aired completely online. The webisodes vibrantly animate the story of a girl named Sayuri who gets in to her dream pastry chef school Fleurir on a scholarship. The show follows her adventures with the friends, foes, and teachers she meets at the state-of-the-art school. Sayuri-san is greeted on her first day by a cute and competitive male classmate Ryo, as well as three heart-throb teachers Mitsuki-sama the Chocolate professor, Suzumi-sama the Japanese Pastries professor, and Gilbert the French Exchange professor.

This anime would be classified as a Shoujo with Reverse Harem, Comedy, and Romance qualifications as well. I would recommend this to the female viewer, or anyone who enjoys kawaii anime, of all ages. The show can easily be finished in one day, and is highly enjoyable!


PROS


Bonjour Sweet Love Patisserie stands out to me most in animation. The colors are vibrant and sweet, which is perfect for a Shoujo. Since the episodes were short, I figured they must not have had a large production budget, which leads me to be even more impressed at the animation. It was truly stunning. I thought the way they wrote the “Lesson” number on a piece of decorating chocolate for each episode, and the way they crafted the logo with a sugary pastry feel was really well done! I certainly appreciate the details they captured in this anime.

Another pro for Bonjour Koiaji Patisserie are the characters. Not only did they have unique and bright designs, but they also had lively and dynamic personalities that all worked well together. Even with 5 minute episodes (4 minutes if you exclude the short intros and outros), the characters still shined, and I actually felt a connection between the group. Some anime with full length episodes and two seasons can’t get this right, so I give definite props. Speaking of, I would adore a second season of this anime! Seeing Sayuri-san actually working as a patisserie would be a great sequel.

Lastly, I really loved the cute Maros! They kind of reminded me of Dangos from Clannad. I love how they did a whole episode dedicated to them. This show was just all around sweet as can be!


CONS


The only real con I have for this anime is, of course, its short length. Five minutes wasn’t enough! I understand if the budget was low, and to be honest, they made it work really well for the short screen time; however, we bonjour sweet love patisserie fans should at least get a second season since they had to make the first one so short! Any other con I could sort of even come up with for this anime was in relation to this fact, so I will leave it at that.

FINAL THOUGHTS



All in all, Sweet Love Patisserie is an excellent Shoujo/Reverse Harem short-style anime. I highly recommend it, and I really hope a season two comes soon! Additonally, this was made into a visual novel last Christmas, and if anyone knows how I can find it – Please let me know. I have tried searching in Japanese and in English, but to no avail. I have IOS. Anyways, this show rightfully deserves a 9 out of 10 – only lacking in run time.


Watched On: Gogoanime.TV

1 comment:

  1. You can discover the scenes with encoded subtitles in various dialects, including English and French, which guarantees the accommodation of all watchers.
    9anime.to

    ReplyDelete